Thursday, December 3, 2009

La Dolce Vita

Tonight, I had what may spoil pasta & prego for me. Spaghetti alla Norma. It’s spaghetti with marinara sauce, eggplant, and ricotta cheese. But ricotta like I’ve never had it before – shaved. Delicious. As Michelle so aptly put it, these people have food figured out.


I learned that bread made in the Umbra region is terrible because they don’t use salt. Why not? Because in the 1500’s there was a tax levied on salt, and to protest, the people quit using it. To this day, they won’t. I don’t think we know what a memory is in the U.S.


Such a wonderful night. Aperitivos first, then a long dinner, then a digestivo, and then a glass of wine just to make the evening last a little longer. Thank you, Umbra Institute! This has been the best day yet.

3 comments:

  1. I know! I meant to boycott Starbucks because they just raised the price of lattes...again...but then I forgot and kept ordering them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Salt? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! Salt is my favorite part of every meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to boycott something once, but forget what it was!

    ReplyDelete