Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 3

Today was the grand finale of the workshop. All 8 students presented their work at the end of the day, and they turned out really nicely. There was one that I thought was especially good, and I'm going to try and post it here if I can. It might be too big, though. (UPDATE: It was.)

I feel like it was such a privilege to be able to connect with some people here and help them through the process of creating a digital story. I love the fact that I got to know some Norwegians - that's better than seeing all of the sights, right?

Tonight, Joe, Robin and I went to dinner at a place called The Nighthawk Diner - it's modeled after the classic American diner. I had a BLT that didn't taste like any BLT I've ever had before, but it was very good. Just different.

Tomorrow I'm going home and while I'm sad to say goodbye, I've no regrets about leaving behind the Norwegian Kroner. I forgot to give the shocking detail in my last post that the four beers I bought last night (2 for me, 2 for Joe) cost $50. And we were drinking local beer, too, which is usually less expensive than the imported stuff.

And now for some random photos of the past few days.




3 comments:

  1. You look great in the hat, and what is the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mom! The food is the dessert we had at the super nice restaurant in the opera house (and the last picture is of the inside of the restaurant). The coffee's ok. Their style is drip rather than espresso. The nice thing is they have these elaborate coffee machines everywhere that can produce instant lattes, cappucinos, hot chocolate - just about any kind of hot drink you could want.

    ReplyDelete