Sunday, February 6, 2011

No Photos

All work and no play, let me tell you. I don't have a single photo to post because I haven't been outside the doors of the hotel.

Ok, but I know that nobody feels sorry for me, nor should you. I've had the best salmon of my life two days in a row and have met people from all over the world. Most of the attendees are Norwegian, but there are also people here from Ireland, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, Australia, Canada, and a handful of us from the States.

Yesterday the conference started with lunch and ended with a reception, with several presentations and one awkward ice breaker in between. Today there are a couple of big presentations, but mostly it is a day of smaller, topical sessions. It's been fascinating and inspiring to see the different ways that digital storytelling is being used.

Joe put me to work selling his books during coffee breaks. He brought a box with him and doesn't want to fly them home. Since I'm sitting behind a table looking official, people assume that I can speak Norwegian. They are quickly disabused of that notion.

I'll have more details later. For now, I need to find the room where the next breakout session is. Norwegian names are confusing . . .

1 comment:

  1. Do your best Muppets Swedish chef impersonation and act surprised they don't understand you. If you don't, then its true, youth really is wasted on the young.

    ReplyDelete