Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 1 of workshop

Today started out badly, but ended well. My phone/alarm clock went dead overnight and I didn't wake up until 8am. I was supposed to meet Joe at his hotel at 8:30am. Somehow, I made it in time (which included finding his hotel). I suspect that my hyper speed was motivated by a fear of trying to make my way alone to the University. Knut Lundby, a professor of communication and one of the keynote speakers at the conference, showed us the way by train. The University of Oslo campus is attractive, modern, and covered in snow. It wasn't very cold, either - strangely enough, it was over 30 degrees here and only 6 degrees in Denver. Not what I was expecting!

Only 6 out of 8 students showed up for the workshop. It was a good group, though, and by the end of the day all had made good progress on their stories. Afterwards, Joe and I met up with Knut and one of his colleagues at a restaurant that is in the opera house. It was beautiful - clean design, everything white, with fire and light creating a warm, comfortable atmosphere. Cod is in seasons so I had it - delicious - and afterwards we walked around the roof of the opera house and enjoyed views of the city.


5 comments:

  1. You're too cute! Love the photo! And glad that your bad day ended well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about the shadow picture -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I buy one of the Digital Storytelling books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shadow picture was taken on top of the opera house. Joe, Robin, and I were walking up there and started experimenting with the lighting. We had fun. :) And yes, Mom - I think you should!

    ReplyDelete