Sunday, December 5, 2010

Leaving Italia

During the cab ride from the hotel to the airport, I realized that I am taking a total of 11 flights in 14 days. I'm glad I didn't do the math before I came or I might not have gone through with it. Just kidding, empty threat.


Several different airlines, too:Lufthansa, Alitalia, Blu Express, Aegean, Olympic - that might be all. Blu Express was the craziest. They don't do assigned seating so it was a free-for-all. Alitalia has taught me that you can board and get off a plane from both the front and the back. On my flight to Catania, I boarded through the front, and then as i was waiting to get off everyone turned around and suddenly there was a staircase from the back. Of course.

I've also learned that old Italian women are a force to be reckoned with. They are well dressed, they know what they want, and they seem to get it. I certainly get out of their way.

And now for Greece. I'm a little nervous about athens because I've heard it's a difficult city to navigate. Also loud, crowded, noisy, etc. But they have baklava and that's worth fighting for.


No comments:

Post a Comment